Many of our clients choose to travel solo, maybe as friends who want separate rooms, or possibly their partner has little interest in travelling. So no matter if you are travelling solo by choice or circumstance, we want you to remain passionate about travel and the friendships and memories that travel creates.
Through experience we have found that matching same sex travellers together doesn’t always work, even the best of friendships can be tested when sharing a bedroom or cabin for two weeks. That is why we prefer to find great deals on solo occupancy tours and cruises. Having your own privacy but travelling with likeminded solo travellers is much more rewarding.
With this in mind we host a monthly coffee morning, where you can come along, meet fellow travellers, and enjoy a very short presentation on the current travel promotions offering no or very low solo supplements. Occasionally we may have a destination or supplier on hand to answer your questions.
Solo coffee mornings are FREE however we do ask that you pre-register your intent to attend. CLICK HERE to be taken to our Events page.
A few of our recommendations for solo travel:
- APT often have last minute opportunities with little or no solo supplement.
- Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV) offer solo occupancy cabins across many ships of their fleet. Magellan and Columbus offer the largest number.
- Costa cruises newest ships Costa Favolosa and Costa Fascinosa have 17 solo cabins each.
- Crystal doesn’t offer solo cabins,, but at times solo supplements are reduced. In fact Crystal report that over 25% of their guests are solo travellers. They do offer a table of 8 service, which allows solo travellers to be seated together in the onboard restaurants.
- Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 offers 15 solo staterooms, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, offer 9 solo staterooms each.
- Holland America Lines newest ship ms Konningsdam has 12 ocean view solo cabins. The smallest ship ms Prinsendam has 3. All sell out quickly.
- Hurtigruten occasionally offer zero solo supplements on Norway coastal cruises and expeditions to Antarctica.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) on selected ships offer Solo Studio cabins located around a Solo Studio lounge, where you can meet fellow solo travellers over coffee or at pre dinner meet ups. Solo Studios are pictured at the top of this page.
- P&O UK, Azura, offers 18 dedicated single cabins for solo cruisers. Britannia has 27 single cabins of its own. Plus, several other P&O ships, including Ventura, Oriana, Arcadia and Aurora, have had singles-friendly cabins installed during recent refurbishments
- Ponant’s expedition yachts have seasonal promotions offering no solo supplement and carry just 60-260 guests are a great size for you to meet new travellers onboard.
- Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas each have 28 Studios for solo travellers. Harmony of the Seas offers 15 solo studios.
- Silversea occasionally have reduced solo supplements as low as an additional 10%.
- Tauck have NO solo supplement on Category 1 staterooms on all river cruises departures. Some land tours offer low supplements.
- Uniworld occasionally offer reduced solo supplements on selected departures.
- Voyages to Antiquity has possibly the largest % of cabins dedicated to solo travellers. MV Agean Oddysey offers 39 solo cabins.