Meet our Simply Solo Ambassador
“Travel Solo, but never alone”
People confuse solo travel with being alone, which is far from the truth.
In Jen’s 13 years in the travel industry, she has met many solo travellers, who are on their own for numerous reasons.
Jen’s goal is to bring together solo travellers, and create once in a lifetime travel experiences, and give you lifelong memories. She will make it easy and safe for you to travel the world and share amazing experiences with like-minded people.
Your first time as a solo traveller can be daunting, but I’m here to ensure that all your questions are answered, and your trip runs smoothly.
Whatever your travel style, Jen will find an adventure just right for you.
Many of our clients choose to travel solo, maybe as friends who want separate rooms, or possibly their partner has little interest in travelling. So no matter if you are travelling solo by choice or circumstance, we want you to remain passionate about travel and the friendships and memories that travel creates.
Through experience we have found that matching same sex travellers together doesn’t always work, even the best of friendships can be tested when sharing a bedroom or cabin for two weeks. That is why we prefer to find great deals on solo occupancy tours and cruises. Having your own privacy but travelling with like minded solo travellers is much more rewarding.
- APT often have last minute opportunities with little or no solo supplement.
- Cruise & Maritime Voyages (CMV) offer solo occupancy cabins across many ships of their fleet. Magellan and Columbus offer the largest number.
- Costa cruises newest ships Costa Favolosa and Costa Fascinosa have 17 solo cabins each.
- Crystal doesn’t offer solo cabins,, but at times solo supplements are reduced. In fact Crystal report that over 25% of their guests are solo travellers. They do offer a table of 8 service, which allows solo travellers to be seated together in the onboard restaurants.
- Cunard’s Queen Mary 2 offers 15 solo staterooms, Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, offer 9 solo staterooms each.
- Holland America Lines newest ship ms Konningsdam has 12 ocean view solo cabins. The smallest ship ms Prinsendam has 3. All sell out quickly.
- Hurtigruten occasionally offer zero solo supplements on Norway coastal cruises and expeditions to Antarctica.
- Norwegian Cruise Lines (NCL) on selected ships offer Solo Studio cabins located around a Solo Studio lounge, where you can meet fellow solo travellers over coffee or at pre dinner meet ups. Solo Studios are pictured at the top of this page.
- P&O UK, Azura, offers 18 dedicated single cabins for solo cruisers. Britannia has 27 single cabins of its own. Plus, several other P&O ships, including Ventura, Oriana, Arcadia and Aurora, have had singles-friendly cabins installed during recent refurbishments
- Ponant’s expedition yachts have seasonal promotions offering no solo supplement and carry just 60-260 guests are a great size for you to meet new travellers onboard.
- Royal Caribbean’s Quantum of the Seas, Ovation of the Seas and Anthem of the Seas each have 28 Studios for solo travellers. Harmony of the Seas offers 15 solo studios.
- Silversea occasionally have reduced solo supplements as low as an additional 10%.
- Tauck have NO solo supplement on Category 1 staterooms on all river cruises departures. Some land tours offer low supplements.
- Uniworld occasionally offer reduced solo supplements on selected departures.
- Voyages to Antiquity has possibly the largest % of cabins dedicated to solo travellers. MV Agean Oddysey offers 39 solo cabins.
- Insight Vacations – With Insight Vacations, you’re in good hands and can look forward to travelling with ease, and they take care of every detail for you.
Evergreen Cruises & Tours
Enjoy no single supplements across a variety of our Europe and Mekong river cruises.
Evergreen even have two Single Staterooms onboard there Danube, Rhine, Main & Moselle Star-Ships as well as onboard their France Star-Ship Emerald Liberté.
Single Supplement by 50% on select departures of some of Uniworld’s most popular 2020 itineraries!
Book early, while space is still available
Whether you’re an experienced single traveller, or going solo for the first time, Insight Vacations have a great variety of escorted trips specially for you
With some tours with no Single Supplements and others with up to 40% off Solo Supplement